PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - He stepped on the Rudder and redefined Va
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 20:16
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flarepilot
by the way puglist

one plane I flew says don't move control wheel more than half way above FL400

now certainly I know that, but there is a placard...
I wonder, with the placard reading “don’t move the control wheel more than half-way above FL400” … I would presume that you would feel perfectly comfortable in moving the control wheel to ˝ of it’s maximum throw (I would presume that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 67 degrees either side of neutral, right?) even if you were operating at FL410. Since you’re comfortable in moving the control wheel this way, how about moving it to 67 degrees left, and then immediately moving it to 67 degrees right, and then back to 67 degrees left, and then back to 67 degrees right, and keep that up for some 6 to 8 repetitions. Please note, the control wheel would not be moved more than half-way, so there would be no problem … right?

And, since there is apparently no placcard saying anything about a similar use of the rudder - would you consder doing the same control deflections - this time to the "stop" (physical or rudder limiter) for that same 6 or 7 repetitions. No placcard ... so ... no problem? Maybe, taking a clue from the lateral control placard, you might consider limiting your rudder inputs and reversals to only the same ˝ value?

Last edited by AirRabbit; 3rd Oct 2013 at 20:21.