PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 19:15
Lonewolf_50

Received 424 Likes on 266 Posts
On a positive point at least the faults have been highlighted now rather than 10 years down the line!
I do not believe that the folks writing the report discovered these issues in a vacuum. The people within the program are doubtless well aware of them, and have an IPTL, costs, risks, and timelines for each correction. Whom does any of you think were the sources of the information contained in that report?

The "it's frightening" response from military aviators (really) puzzles me.

You're still here.

Every ******* thing you ever flew was built under minimum bid.

The "work out the bugs process" in this day and age puts the development of what most of us ever flew to shame. While the days of writing flight manuals in blood are not behind us yet (see F-22 and pilot Oxygen system for a fine example of systems integration messes), the number of wrecks on the way to IOC are down.

This is a good thing.

How expensive F-35 is ... well, that's another story.

PS: from the report, I am not surprised to see that DCMA got a right bollocking. While I agree with a few of the "huh, you have to be kidding me" comments in re the CSI program, I'll not comment further on that other than to say that unless a CC is clearly identified, established, and then tracked (be it by the prime or a vendor a few rungs down) you certainly can find yourself in a "for want of a nail a kingdom was lost" situation.

Last edited by Lonewolf_50; 3rd Oct 2013 at 19:44.