PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good Luck and God Speed
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2003, 01:22
Jackonicko

Received 48 Likes on 11 Posts
A Harrier Force JENGO was on the lunchtime news today, (named as Alex Hicks), along with his Det Cdr (Andy Suddards) and the Harrier Force commander out there (Mike Harwood). His media briefings, he said, had let him know that there were those back home who didn't approve of them. I think and hope that he was wrong.

There are those of us who don't approve of President Bush and Prime Minister Blair, and who might think that going to war with Iraq now, without a second resolution, is morally or legally wrong. But even the most hardened peaceniks I've spoken to are full of admiration and respect for our servicemen, and are grateful for the professional and cheerful way in which they do their duty, whether they approve of that duty or not.

And I'm sure that we all share the hope that all those involved come home soon and safe, and I know that their part in the war will be one of the aspects of the conflict which we will all be proud of.

So if anyone sees Mr Hicks, do let him know that even the peaceniks wish him and his colleagues (and especially those he supports) the very best of luck.