PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Learjet 60 performance
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 09:57
qUadform

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Learjet 60 performance

Hello:

I am hoping that somebody can point me in the right direction.

I am trying to research the performance capabilities of the Lear 60. I have heard that the airplane can be troublesome for stopping due to the fact that the same brakes that are used on the Lear 35 are used on the Lear 60 (which a few thousand pounds heavier.)

I am trying to figure out if I can base the aircraft at an airport that is at 800 ft MSL. Runway 07 is TORA 1970 meters, TODA 2030 meters, ASDA 1970 meters, LDA 1550 meters. Runway 25 is TORA 1550 meters, TODA 1970 meters, ASDA 1970 meters, LDA 1550 meters.

There is the possibility that the jet will be used for commercial ops also, so I need to calculate the EU OPS requirements of stopping the aircraft within 60 percent of the dry landing distance available AND 115 percent of the factored landing distance for a wet runway.

I have researched several websites of people selling aircraft, but their performance data is inadequate to say the least. They simply tell me things like the airplane is fast or it has a range of xxx nautical miles. This does not help the serious aircraft buyer. Is there anybody out there or any service which can honestly help with gathering data for buying a jet? If not, where can I get a copy of the Lear 60 AFM, so I can compute the performance data?

I am not totally sold on getting a Lear60 for a few reasons: brakes seem inadequate for size of jet, typical Learjet lack of luggage space (similar to Audi cars..haha), a history of malfunctioning APUs.

Any recommendations on a comparable jet? It is important that I find something that can operate from the airfield dimensions I mentioned earlier.

I understand that I have asked a lot! So, if you can simply put me in touch with a service....or where I can obtain AFMs....it would be very helpful!

Thank you.