PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash Landing in Cunnamulla - two hurt.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 09:34
Fantome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Won't buy into the night single engine debate .. . . it has been covered and covered a thousand times. You either chance it or you don't. Whenever it made me feel nervous I'd take a deep breath and think of Lindbergh's 1927 solo trans-Atlantic flight. (The Wright J5 . . . what a donk.)

Cops transferred to the outback . . well one of the best was the one about the late Russ Hinze, Queensland police minister, who was pulled over by a cycle cop when driving home down the Gold Coast Highway one day. Cop had no idea who the man was heaving his huge bulk out of the Fairlane. Hinze gets out with the Queensland map in his paw. He spreads the map over the bonnet and gestures north - south down the guts of Queensland. "There you are son. You pick. Anywhere west of that line."

When Frank Delaney was the NSW police commissioner he was heading home down Anzac Parade one evening when a sprog motorcycle cop pulled him over.
Cop gets off bike, walks back, slowly and deliberately pulling off his gauntlets.
Puts his head down to the driver's window and says -

"So where's the f u c k in g fire driver?"

Delaney equally slowly and deliberately pulls out his wallet and shows the cop his ID -

"I'd say in my office, constable . . . . nine o'clock on monday morning."

There's another choice one about the cop out near Yarrawonga recently who chased a newly imported Chevvy convertible with LH drive. Too long to tell now, but if you know Muzza at Echuca, (Stearman etc) , he'll tell you.