PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I want to buy in Australia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 09:02
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The two recent posts #6&7 sum it up well, trouble is we have had it good for some time now, well apart from Labors destroying of our country for the last 6 years or so (personal opinion there guys so relax!).

I'd be happy to take 30% less wages no probs as long as long as fuel as just one Eg costs 30% less to buy so it's all relevant really.
We do have some great living conditions in this country but they are fast being eroded away hence a lot of people now are going offshore to buy & for good reasons 'cause as the grocery prices rise almost daily & our wages don't then something has to give. Homeless, jobless & just down & out folks are growing in this so called lucky country, we ought to be ashamed of ourselves at times.

I used to own a hobby shop some years ago now & it flourished at first but when the Net really took off & the whole world became a 'shop-front' via the PC then I was doomed, we are now all 'paying' for that in one way or another.
I do my bit where I can & buy Aussie ( I still buy OS stuff in certain area's) but it's almost futile other than being just a personal tiny achievement.
We as a society have dug ourselves a hole so large that we shall never be able to climb back out of it to see again prosperity in the retail world.

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 3rd Oct 2013 at 09:03.