PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCT at cruise
Thread: MCT at cruise
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 04:41
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
De facto: the FMC predicted max altitude you refer to is dependent on the stuff you feed it.
Again, your wing does not care about the FMC.
I agree,the max altitude calculated to you by the FMC is as accurate as what you input into the FMC.I never said otherwise.
No i tend to write fast and kramer loves to catch on it so from now on i wont jump steps;-)

Kramer,the reason the clacker comes to my mind each time we speak about buffet is that i believe the vmax band is quite close to the max maneuvring one at your max altitude.

The MMO is a fixed speed(yes the clacker is dependent on this fixed value) but going into high speed buffet isnt acceptable to me at least routinely as you seemed to be ok zipping away your coffee...
Now we agree to disagree...
(I must admit i would love you requesting fl 380(max alt) from fl 340 and as you climb it isnt smooth as reported,again it seems like a subjective definition ,and the temp going up by a few degrees and now your fmc,passing through fl360,shows you max is 378.....,what would you do ? Ask for descent with the tail between your legs or continue up,(i bet u do that),and try to convince your Fo about all the margins built in....and squeeze your sorry ?

How often have you exceeded MMO Kramer? Be honest.
I know even if you exceed mmo,theres extra margin,it aint the end of the world..but we are paid to keep the aircraft within given margins,few seem to believe that to be at exactly those margins is acceptable,,i dont.
Hence my earlier analogy to opearting the flaps at 19900 ft or selecting flaps at 249kts...whats the difference Kramer?
You are within limits?and yet if you overspeed the flaps,the aircraft wont fall off the sky...but you respect that dont you?so why not the same with your alitude?

Last edited by de facto; 3rd Oct 2013 at 07:25.