PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I want to buy in Australia
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 03:24
lk978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to buy in Australia

I really do want to buy my uniform and equipment in Australia. But why should I pay $39.95 for pilot shirts when I can buy the exact same shirt for $17.99 from the USA with free shipping?

I even gave them a call and said I was happy to pay up to about $27 per shirt and order 10 but they best they could do was $35...

suppose they source them from the same store I do... (lets make this simple with no tax) $27 X 10 = $270 minus the cost ($17.99 X 10 = $179.90) equals $90.10 for processing an order. They said no to this proposal... So I keep my $90.10 and buy some Australian made and brewed beer (Coopers) that is transported by a local company (assuming Linfox) sold by an australian bottle shop (dodgy guy at the bottle) instead.

As consumers have become more aware... retailers have not innovated enough to provide any sort of benefit to the consumer other than; the warm fuzzy feeling of buying a shirt made in china, transported by a multinational, from an online store that is hosted in the USA the payment gateway is from the USA.

What is the premium of buying from Australia?

Last edited by lk978; 3rd Oct 2013 at 03:27.