PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash Landing in Cunnamulla - two hurt.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 01:54
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a bloke with 4 cops in my wifes family (from Supt FIL, through to Sen./Sgt BIL, Detective and Snr/Const. Nephews), I can back up what Sunfish says.

I have even witnessed a bloke high on Meths climbing the 2.5M high wire mesh fence of my workshop yard, with 3 sizeable coppers hanging off him, spraying him with pepper spray and belting him with truncheons - all without the slightest effect.

When he was finally subdued by 5 coppers and eventually came around in a hospital bed, he had no knowledge of anything he's done in the previous two days - which was a rampage of violence and robberies that occupied quite a number of coppers, and traumatised a lot of people.
Meths is bad stuff - along with a number of newer drugs that give people superhuman strength - and all these drugs give people a massive spurt that keeps them high, and going without sleep for 2 or 3 days, or sometimes even more.

I've pulled a semi-comatose bloke out of a car after he ran into a parked car - and he'd taken LSD and gone for a drive!! He wasn't capable of stringing two words together, and how he managed to even drive, is beyond me.

Then there's always that small group of people who are consumed with a total murderous hatred of anyone in a blue uniform, and who will carry a firearm with the sole intention of killing anyone in blue who pulls them up.
There's quite a list of "fallen police" who have met their fate at the hands of these people without any warning whatsoever.

The final angle is, that pulling up a car that has indulged in obvious traffic offences is very often an indicator that a criminal is behind the wheel.
On regular occasions, traffic stops for minor offences result in drugs & firearms being found, persons wanted on bench warrants, unregistered drivers, or drivers high on drugs, or just plain drunk.

A policemans lot is not a happy one, and the last job I'd want, is wearing a blue uniform and approaching complete strangers inside their mobile cage of protective steel, without the slightest idea of their mental state.

Wally - I've often wondered what it does to your shattered nerves, to be hauled, injured, out of a SE aircraft wreckage - only to be placed into another SE aircraft, to go for another ride!! I trust they give you a good dose of sedatives!!

Last edited by onetrack; 3rd Oct 2013 at 05:46. Reason: sp...