PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 00:30
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning GROUNDHOG,

Yep, sitting here in my short trousers just brewing the coffee whilst greeting our guests in this little holiday haven and the weather is, just by way of a change, just fine.

All I can suggest is that many years ago Air UK had a Bandit operation EXT/SOU/AMS/SOU/EXT so perhaps NQY/SOU/AMS/SOU/NQY might work, a 15 minute (ish) transit in SOU in each direction for those travelling to/from London and onwards to/from AMS for those connecting internationally.

BUT ... Air UK had a codeshare with KLM and a KLM codeshare would need to be a "must" for such an operation to work and it would need to be a speedier and more comfortable aircraft that a 150kt fixed undercarriage Twotter!

A Shoreham operation would last about as long as Brighton City Airways, what with restricted runway dimensions, b*gger all navigational aids and p1ss poor public transport connections.

Alas Biggin wouldn't work either, I doubt Biggin would even want to risk upsetting Bromley Council and/or ending up in court for clearly bucking the system.