PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 3rd Oct 2013, 00:26
EMA747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@smartguy - Yep as far as I am aware everyone gets the tuition fee loan regardless of personal or parental income. The living allowance" is the means tested bit. If anyone is interested I know a government website that you can put in some details and it will give you a rough assessment of what sort of loan amount you can get.

I guess another reason they won't allow modular is that you can take lessons anywhere you want and change schools for different parts. It would be much harder to keep track of.

Basically as I see it - If the government where going to loan me around £30K that I only had to pay back when I was earning over £21K then I would almost certainly go and do modular training. As it is I will have to fund that out of my own pocket which makes the decision MUCH MUCH harder to make and MUCH more risky. All the words the providers are saying about the student loan for pilots making it easier for people to afford training are in my case a load of BS really. I'm sure it's quite a help if you can afford an integrated course though and good luck and best wished to all that use it to go down that route.

Last edited by EMA747; 3rd Oct 2013 at 00:28.