PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - He stepped on the Rudder and redefined Va
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 23:09
Nick Thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"the NTSB is full of humans...humans make mistakes...we have our opinions based on years of whatever we have been doing"

Yes Flarepilot, humans do make mistakes so it's just possible that the FO made a mistake.

NTSB I presume consists of more than one person so a "human mistake" is more likely to be picked up by them than a human mistake would be picked up in the dynamic cockpit of an airliner.

"I"ve flown with engineering types who had commercial or atp lic. get em talking and they would fly right into the side of a mountain or stall the plane...I've seen it."

Flarepilot: Your comment above is interesting and I wonder if you could clarify the following:

1. When you were flying with "engineering types" how did you survive flying into a mountain?

2. If you observed a plane flying into a mountain, how did you know that the pilot flying was an"engineering type"?

3. If you are unable to answer 1 or 2 above, might it not be better to delete "I've seen it" and replace it with something along the lines of "That is what I suspect would happen"

As a simple soul am trying to understand your reasoning and sadly failing to do so. Therefore am hoping that your reply to the above three points will for me clarify your position.

Last edited by Nick Thomas; 2nd Oct 2013 at 23:10. Reason: Punctuation