PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash Landing in Cunnamulla - two hurt.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 22:31
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Tailwheel:

There is something highly comical about a harmless grey nomad being pulled over on the Landsborough Highway, miles from civilisation, to be confronted by Sgt Plod in full riot gear, pistol, Tazer, Pepper Spray, batton, three pistol magazines, handcuffs, two way radio and a few other odds and ends, all attached to a flack jacket. I couldn't help myself:
My son is a policeman and that is exactly what he wears at times. However it isn't funny anymore. There is a class of drugs - Methamphetamines that make people do real bad stuff, out of your mind stuff, and the police have no idea from one minute to the next what someone they engage will actually do.

....And that includes seemingly harmless grey nomads.

There are a variety of things they are trained to do and number one is self preservation. Don't ever do something that might scare a policeman or you will end up very dead. All that pepper spray, Tazer and shooting to wound stuff is only going to happen if the policeman thinks he or she has time to do that stuff without compromising their own safety.