PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - He stepped on the Rudder and redefined Va
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 20:15
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flarepilot
the NTSB is full of humans...humans make mistakes...we have our opinions based on years of whatever we have been doing

my opinion is the airbus 300 series is a piece of shirt

remember that the FAA certified the A300

it also certified the training program used by American Airlines

it also certified the copilot

if they made a mistake somewhere, they could have made a mistake anywhere.

some engineering types are so concerned with elegance in engineering that they forget real life
(I am sure glad for long layovers … it allows me to read and think)

So, Mr flarepilot, I understand you acknowledge that humans sometimes make mistakes, and since the NTSB consists of human investigators and researchers, it is your opinion that the NTSB made a series of human mistakes in their conclusions in this instance. Right? Is it possible that the NTSB members have opinions based on their years of doing what they do, or not? You seem to be quite critical of their “final report.” It is clear that the NTSB recognizes that the FAA certified the A300, and that the FAA certified the copilot, and that the FAA certified the AA training program … were those mistakes as well? Was it a mistake made by the NTSB that they made those recognitions … or did the NTSB make a mistake by not recognizing the FAA made those mistakes in certification? Is that a double negative? This is sure hard to figure out ... isn't it? Humans making decisions, when they know they're fallable - other humans not recognizing that fallability when it occurs and reulting in mistaking additional errors as having been good decisions, and then they, themselves, make mistakes in using those positions to answer questions they have about other actions which they observed. Of course, they may have misinterpreted what they thought that they had observed, when what really happened is known only to those who actually completed the actions based on what they knew (or only thought?) was the correct decision to make based on what they knew about the surrounding circumstances - presuming of course, what they saw was actually what they perceived has happened and are not misjudging what they think they saw. OK, I think I've got it now.

So, what organization certified you? You are certificated, aren’t you? Was it the FAA? Did whomever it was who certified you, make the same kind of mistake? Who determines when something is true or a mistake … you? If not you, who is it? The FAA? The NTSB? Some news anchor on TV? Do we all operate in our own little world – carefully protecting ourselves from all the “other” humans who are out there making mistake after mistake – do we all have to look out for ourselves – at all times – in all things? Can we trust anyone? About anything? Forget the evidence … accept only opinions based on years of doing something … right? Of course, no one has ever known of anyone ever doing anything wrong for a long period of time … right? Sure, that’s it.

Well, thanks … I’m sure that there are a lot of us here who are as firmly entrenched in opinions as opposed to facts as you are – and I guess we just have to acknowledge that everyone has his/her own opinion … just like they have various body parts. Enjoy!

Last edited by AirRabbit; 2nd Oct 2013 at 20:32.