PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 20:12
LoopGuru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
girlpower,

Starting pay for a First Officer is £21069. Duty pay, I believe, is £1.30 per hour, of which the first £1 is tax free. There is a further increment of £876/£1751 when you become a Senior First Officer. The higher amount is if you fly the Saab or Embraer. You won't become a SFO until your ATPL is unfrozen and you pass an interview at Humberside.

There are increments for every 6 months of service up to a maximum of £6184 after 5 years. There are also increments for every 500 hrs total time and turbine time up to a maximum of £2844 at the 3000 hrs mark in both cases. The current maximum with 3000 hrs total time, 3000 hrs turbine time and 60 months service is £33817 on the J41 and £34692 on the Saab and Embraer.

Bear in mind that you will probably be asked to self fund your type rating at approx. £15000 and will also be bonded for approx. £8000 for the first 12 months.

You are very unlikely to get NWI as it is a Saab base and they need Saab First Officers in ABZ, although if you don't have the experience for OGP work there may be a slim chance of a NWI base. I'm pretty sure they will only take on FO's who already have the required experience for OGP work, i.e. 1000 hrs total time. Times are hard at the moment, so they may well remove all these requirements if they get desperate enough.

Loop