PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Hot Drinks
Thread: No Hot Drinks
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 15:32
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at a social event when i overheard a young Lady, whom flies with a Manchester based Airline, tell her friends that on a recent flight she was on, hot drinks were not served because the staff could not be bothered
If the crew were not serving hot drinks at an appropriate time they would in fact be "bothered" repeatedly by requests for same. The order of service is planned at the crew pre-flight briefing. That order can be modified or curtailed based on many other factors, some of which may not be apparent until the flight commences. In many airlines "hot drinks" are a revenue stream, and part of the crews remuneration may be based upon the level of those sales.

The world is not immune from people with "terrible attitudes" and if this was an example of poor or unacceptable service that you had actually suffered then I could understand your complaint. On the other hand something that you "overheard" at a social event, would seem to be far removed from that.

People outside of their work environments (whether they are wise to do so or not,) might well talk to others (and particularly friends) with a bravado, overstated or understated style, or in a manner that they might never do at work or in their "professional" lives. In fact this is just hearsay, and you have no idea whether it happened or not. It is amusing that this overheard remark was accompanied by a technical appraisal of the galley equipment and the atmospheric forecasts.

The lesson to be learned here is to be wary of talking to your friends on social occasions, because you never know who might be eavesdropping on your conversation.