PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some good news/bad news from the EU! EASA FTL rejected
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 13:06
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
......and also shows extremely bad leadership, one who does not listen or communicate with people about such change would be a dictator.....

Seems like an ideal candidate for a good dose of CRM indoctrination.

Once again it is money/profit driving the show. In this time of so-called financial crisis (let's called it a common sense adjustment to attitude) the money men will always have the sway over the politicians. But I say again: just because the machines have increased their operating time without rest & re-fuelling does not mean the humans have done the same. If it was considered, some years ago, normal & reasonable for humans to operate 10-11hrs working days/nights, then just because an a/c can now fly for 15 hours it doesn't follow that the humans can stretch their natural endurance. And certainly not regularly over a short period. They will break down. If you over stress an a/c it will break or wear out faster. The humans are the same, except the breaking point is different for everyone and is an unknown unscientific quantity. The money men are guessing and the bowing scraping profit friendly politicians are too easily in agreement. Are the XAA's not supposed to be the guardians of the industry. Are they too swayed by bonuses and dosh? What other industries are going through this debate? What other groups of workers are being subjected to this assault on their lively-hood and life-styles. I suspect the medical profession has been subjected to something similar, but I doubt if there is any other transport, or safety related, industry that is under such stressful change. If there is then let's hear about it. If not, then why only aviation?