PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 10:57
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness you seem to think I make all this stuff up... I have put these on here before.. so for the the last time:

First figures are from Boeings own website and relate to the 787-8 below MTOW at 476,000, MTOW is 510,000 .

Clearly show that at less than MTOW 9,255ft.
Forgive me. I am trying to reconcile that figure with my own experience where departing B787-8s heading for China are clearly not using anything like 9,255ft on departure. From what I can see, the B787-8 leaps off the runway like the very powerful, high performance aircraft we know it to be. I will have a look at the figures and see what I am missing. I would ask you just to be careful conflating flight time, MTOW and runway performance mind. The bit that confuses me, is that given previous generation Virgin A340s, China Southern and China Eastern A332s, BA and Air China B777s and even the older B744s are not using 9000 ft of runway departing LHR for China, why a more modern aircraft would. I am only suggesting operational daily reality might not be what you're suggesting.

Maybe I am just being a complete moron, it wouldn't be the first time....
I am not going to say any more on this topic as you clearly don't believe a word I say.
I bet you do

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 2nd Oct 2013 at 10:59.