PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crash Landing in Cunnamulla - two hurt.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 06:02
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is something highly comical about a harmless grey nomad being pulled over on the Landsborough Highway, miles from civilisation, to be confronted by Sgt Plod in full riot gear, pistol, Tazer, Pepper Spray, batton, three pistol magazines, handcuffs, two way radio and a few other odds and ends, all attached to a flack jacket. I couldn't help myself:

"Have the grey nomads been parking illegally again or did I interupt your deployment to the front line in Afghanistan"?
Unfortunately, ever since a scumbag double murderer on the run from the Eastern States tried to kill a W.A. copper on the N.W. Coastal Hwy after a regular traffic stop a few short years ago - and ended up receiving a fatal dose of Glock-guided lead - the country coppers have been a little more nervous about exactly WHO they are pulling up - and they tend to practise American-trooper-style tactics for traffic stops, nowadays.

In fact, it's SOP to have two officers in every car on lonely country patrols in W.A. now, such is their concern about the violent hoods that tend to flit across the country when they have an urgent need to "be elsewhere".

Fugitive's cross-country dash ends in death - National - theage.com.au

The World Today - Vic Police under fire over suspect alert