PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 05:24
Jaz and the Fat Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just completed the interview/sim last week and it's quite a process. I was told by a ppruner in this thread that I shouldn't have to prep for the sim and if I did need to, I should get a job flipping burgers or something like that. Fortunately, I didn't listen, as the sim was not a walk in the park. Coming off of the past few years on the A320, it would have been difficult to pass, even though I have a bit over 15K PIC hours in Boeing ranging from the B737-B744....

I understand they are interviewing every week and only one or two pilots at a time. When I attended the sim orientation, which was an hour long, it was evident they wanted me to fly per ANA/AJX procedures and I was corrected once in the sim when I did one thing non-standard in the cockpit set up. I have spent more than 20 years flying in Japan, China, and other parts of Asia and this was by far the most strict interview process I have attended. With that said, as others have mentioned, everyone was very nice and it was evident they wanted me to pass. Good luck with the interview and it starts with that application....