PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCT at cruise
Thread: MCT at cruise
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2013, 04:34
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought you were done here?
Poorly worded..i meant i was done with you
Max 381 with a 9 knots margin between low and high speed buffet (240 to 249, with 249 equal to approx .79). We climbed at it was smooth at FL380. We kept the speed at just below .79 (ECON cost index 55, can't remember the exact speed) and with the variations it was momentary slightly in the high speed buffet band at times (autothrottle acting more fast to correct so not a problem for me)
And you are quite fine with that,high speed clacker? I am quite familiar with high altitude flight issues and i really dont understand how you could come here and tell us that having intermittent clacker is operationally wise or professionnaly acceptable...Did you note this excursion into the technical log?

Does you airline monitor your excesses?(QAR)..

Concerning temp increase,and i only flew this type for about 9 years on the left seat,,is that a 1-2 increase in temp can reduce your max by 100 ft...5c is plenty enough to get you in the lower band and be in an underthrust condition.

Again,i have never got into a high speed or low speed on the 737,call me conservative but i rather have my coffee without going into the clacker,save fuel and deal with what you describe as light turbulence.

Maybe your cabin crew tend to overfill your coffee,since your 'light turbulence' at Fl360 wa a potential tie ruining scenario

You seem a perfect fit for a cost 55 airline...

Last edited by de facto; 2nd Oct 2013 at 05:44.