PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some good news/bad news from the EU! EASA FTL rejected
Old 1st Oct 2013, 23:26
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Syntax Error
I am getting so sick and tired of these ex - communist politicans, who are so desperate to join the EU, and to impose on us their own s.... working conditions.
Err - last time I checked, Marxism was an (admittedly flawed) political movement intended to *improve* working conditions. Airline pilots were apparently considered something of an elite in the former Soviet Bloc, but I fail to see the relevance. Also, let's face it, corruption is as rife here in the UK as it is in any former Soviet state you'd care to name - but our great and good have been doing it in such a refined manner for so long that few dare call it corruption.

Don't get me wrong - this legislation sounds like it was poorly conceived and assumes altogether far too much in terms of airlines sticking to the intended spirit of the legislation as opposed to using it as a performance target. But ultimately the group of pilots' unions must make a case for involvement in drafting a revised version of the legislation, as to do otherwise runs the risk of having it railroaded through anyway.