PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2013, 19:31
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nigel: I only seem to have shots of UHC 'wearing' floats but .. if I happen upon one where she's in 'bush' configuration (high skids I suppose) I'll put it up.

Having posted a Trans World Hughes 300 on the previous page (EI-AOU .. I want to say .. AEIOU!!) .. it would be rude not to 'expose' her stable-mate which is a recent contribution from RA Scholefield's wonderful collection of aviation imagery:

Trans World Helicopters Hughes 300 (269B) EI-APH at Hannover Airport in Germany, as seen on 7th May 1966 (Photo: RA Scholefield)

APH is seen here attending the Hannover Air Show in 1966 as part of the Hughes exhibit. Very likely at the time of her delivery to Trans World.

In 1978 she was sold to Globe Construction of Felsted in Essex, when she became G-AWKC, and in '71 she moved to Tywford Moors Helicopters of Southampton. Her last UK owner was Forecourt Services of Eastleigh in Hampshire who acquired her in 1976.

The following year the craft was exported to Austria (via Germany) where she ended her days as OE-AXG.