PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - to get job in canada
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2013, 16:36
sierra_november

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To pilotchute and 777AV8R

Just to make it even more difficult for you the amount of Indian pilots caught with fake hours/ratings/licences has made many companies simply not take the chance on hiring Indian pilots.
Virk..you're countrymen and DGCA have pretty well relegated you to your own airspace and that of Indonesia.
What you guys probably don't know is, almost 70% of commercial pilot licence holders in India did their training abroad (mainly from US, Canada and Australia between 2004-2010). They helped many flight instructors in the above mentioned countries gain valuable flight hours quickly and move on to their next job on a bigger, heavier airplane.

Indian pilots have to convert their foreign licence to an Indian one to get a job in India. I dont think holding an Indian licence would disqualify anyone from getting a job in a foreign country if that person holds a TC/ FAA licence as well.

Canada has a lot of fantastic pilots of its own who are looking for work. I believe Canadian pilots are the best in the world. At least they have stick and rudder skills and excellent airmanship. The infinite type of weather conditions that the Canucks fly in, is challenging and this makes for good pilots. We're lucky.
I did my flight training in Canada and I can attest to your statement, but just being Canadian does not make one a good pilot by default. The standards are the same for everyone and therefore an Indian or a Japanese or a Nigerian pilot who has trained in Canada would be as good as a Canadian pilot (of the same level of experience).

Last edited by sierra_november; 1st Oct 2013 at 16:44.