PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MinSheng Intl Jet
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2013, 15:10
envoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard that Minsheng Banking bought out CITIC GA so that they could start operating jets - in addition to leasing and financing them (a large percentage of mainland aircraft are leased or financed through Minsheng). So unless I have misunderstood, Minsheng Intl Jet is what used to be called CITIC GA.

CITIC GA had modest beginnings in 2006-ish, with a leased Falcon 2000 (s/n 027) then acquiring a Falcon 900DX in 2007. I have no knowledge of what happened after that, other than that their aircraft were on a CAAC (ie. China) AOC. CITIC GA was not a big operation.

Minsheng is clearly going to take advantage of the established AOC, systems and procedures to kickstart their venture into aircraft operations.

One of the handlers in Beijing told me that Minsheng is also involved in the development of a corporate airport in the Beijing area.

SO in answer to the OP's question: Minsheng has lots of money, lots of plans... but do they know what they are doing? It might be best to sit on your hands and watch for a while, unless you are prepared to accept a high degree of risk getting involved at the company's genesis.

Interesting times...