PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2013, 14:43
Artic Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexander de Meerkat

Um, answer the question in hand please rather than give the usual nonsensical politician's answer. Let me remind you what I said:

Originally Posted by Artic Monkey
If Easy was offering a permanent contract as you so profusely testify then any company worth it's salt would put their employees on a permanent contract from day ONE and have it written into the contract that continuous employment is based on a 12 month probation.
Where did I say that the 12 month probationary period is too long? What I said was that it was completely unnecessary to offer a "flexi style" 12 month probationary contract. Any company worth it's salt would place their "employees" on a permanent contract from day one and include the 12 month probation as part of this contract just like 99.99% of other businesses do.

You're right about keeping costs down, and to that end you know and I know that is the reason these contracts are being offered, it's nothing to do with probation, nothing to do with weeding out the "rubbish", it is purely and simply to do with getting something for nothing, but do you know what? I don't actually blame easyjet, I blame the people who take the contracts. These contracts solely exist purely because people are willing to accept it, you can dress it up or down as much as you like, but that is why they exist. Easyjet are offering this contract because you know and I know that they can and will "not offer" a permanent contract at the end of the 12 months if it doesn't suit them, they hold every ace in the pack. If things change and the market changes then they can just pull the plug as and when they see fit and they can walk away with no employer responsibilities whatsoever. You know this is the real reason, and I know this is the real reason but unfortunately the band of hypnotics will continue to march on until there are no T&Cs left in this industry, driven down by the very people who will climb over everyone and everything just to sit in the rhs of that shiny new jet you allude to.
Unfortunately for me I am taking your advice. I am not accepting the contract. You will have to sell easyjet to me better than telling me I'll be sat in a new jet; sorry but it's just an aeroplane. You'll have to do better than tell me I'll fly to lots of destinations unrivaled by most other airlines; sorry but it's just a runway, they are all the same. Unfortunately I am the wrong side of 40 to be worrying about shiny jets and shiny runways, but herein lies the problem, there are many, many people from the UK and across Europe who see this as a catch. Good luck to them, and good luck to yourself and easyjet.

Last edited by Artic Monkey; 1st Oct 2013 at 14:47.