PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2013, 08:47
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSR2

Yep sorry it was the Bristol Brabazon - A transatlantic capable monster of an aeroplane powered by eight coupled 8 × Bristol Centaurus radial engines carrying about 100 people in cruse liner luxury.

Edit:Literally the inverse case of what I was describing ?

In my mind I had it as a pusher a bit like the Sara Cloud Princess just to compound the offence !

Splash&Dash I was being a bit over simplistic - I have learned from PPRuNe in qualitative terms about some of the actuality of flight planning as per your example - thanks

I know its not as simple as we need 8 Hours fuel, so lets take ten and a bit and hope there's a headwind component down the runway when we are ready to go ! - up to 50 feet over the end, 100 feet over the hedge and we are on our way.

By the way the last bit reminds me of a departure I saw from the old tower one Sunday, by a 727 in the old Elmdon tower during a pre ATCO selection visit.

(Edit:More seriously speaking: an example of a late rotation occasioned by a combination of circumstances that be of necessity difficult to predict)

The controller next to me said "They are not all like that one !" and various other exclamations suggested that the opinion expressed was not a unique one.

I will never forget that visit a Bank Holiday week end - A Portuguese 707 landed long on a very wet 15 - Great reflexes by the crew , even better breaks and a 1-11 500 burst a tyre or two on landing - The person handling the visit said "Its not always like this ?"

The tower controllers son was maintaining the "Movements Book"

Happy Days

CAT III

Last edited by Guest 112233; 1st Oct 2013 at 09:06.