PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2013, 08:21
tigertanaka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent analysis. I fly from MME around once a fortnight and I choose it because it is only 5 minutes in a taxi from my house rather than drive the 45 minutes to NCL and mess around with parking. I like the fact that security is quick and the lounge is near the departure gate.

I would say on average the first three rows of an F70 are allocated to Business Class meaning 74 seats per flight and a 66% load factor. At first glance this seems on the low side low to me as my recent experience is that flights are pretty full. I tend to fly out late Sunday or on early mornings Mon/Tues/Weds and fly back late on Wed/Thurs/Fri so this means that there must be some pretty empty flights at other points during the week. This s probably why you can fly to AMS on a Friday and back on Sunday (choice of excellent flight times) for only £94 return. I am doing this in a couple of weeks so will report back then.

I will also have a stab at calculating the KLM load factors from NCL and other places for August as a comparison.