PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2013, 07:23
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alexander de Meerkat

AdM,

I only have one series of questions for you:

Was your probation period one of 12 months duration?

Or were you somehow different due to the fact that "the world was different then", or because your infinite previous experience was somehow more valuable than many of the CURRENT AND TYPE RATED EXPERIENCED PILOTS currently applying to easyJet?

In fact, were you type rated when you joined easyJet? Or was it possible that "because the world was different then", you were trained and bonded at easyjet?

When you joined easyJet, was the company not competing in the same viciously competitive market that it does now? Arguably the market wasn't so well developed, but easyJet was smaller then and less profitable than now. Hence more prone to shocks than today, with its vast profits, immense cash flows and hugely cash generative ancillary arrangements.

I would say easyJet is better placed than it ever has been to dominate the market it is in - certainly far more able of doing so than when you joined.

Don't mistake competition in business for being the red light to abuse your professional brethren.

I'm sure you're a great trainer, captain and all round good egg. But, respectfully, you need to take off your blinkers and have a look at the reality outside of your mindset.

Last edited by Narrow Runway; 1st Oct 2013 at 07:25.