PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some good news/bad news from the EU! EASA FTL rejected
Old 30th Sep 2013, 20:14
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little aside: I wanted a tree cut down in my garden and needed the council's permission. The authoritative person was a tree hugger and said no, even though the tree was dying. There was a violent storm and I and the neighbours claimed we saw the tree rocking in an unstable fashion. Still the tree hugger said no. The tree was next to the pavement and parked cars. I said that if the tree fell down in the next storm and injured children or damaged cars I would alert the victims to his ruling and he would be responsible.
The next day I received my permit for tree felling.
Ergo; if the parliament approved these new FTL's in the face of conflicting evidenced and opinion, and then there is a human factors related crash which could have been effected by these same FTL's, then a finger should be pointed at the aye voters. In this day of 'buzz words' let's educate the bureaucrats in TEM. Let's also educate the pax in the quality of risk management by their so-called leaders and those who are supposed to be taking care of the public. It is a classic case of profit versus risk at the travelling public's expense. Let's tell them.