PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCT at cruise
Thread: MCT at cruise
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2013, 14:17
de facto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and then just to clarify. I never said that I blindly climb to max altitude, every time it's available. I said I have no problem doings so, and do it routinely - that of course if I see an operational benefit in doing so.

Example cruising at FL360 top of clouds in light chops. FL380 becomes available as max altitude, I climb.
Good,and then the temp gets warmer and your max is now below you?descend again or just hope the temp doesnt increase even more? For light turbulence?you find this to be of an operational benefit?would you increase or decrease fuel burn doing so?would you increase or decrease your margins doing so?..
Code:
As for bank, LNAV calculates safe bank angles that doesn't exceed thrust available. If using HDG select, bank angle selector is set to 10, routinely, when reaching cruise altitude... again pr. Boeing recommendation High Altitude Maneuvering (automatic pdf download)
You keep on advancing pdfs in this forum and yet all this and rest of what you advance is in one book,its called the FCTM.Have you heard of it?I suggest you have a look at it,it will save you time searching basics on the WWW and maybe learn a thing or two about operating at or close to the max alt.

Turn your altitude selector down, and use V/S -100 to -200 fpm, until you regained your speed. Then vs back to level and alt selector back to your altitude. Pretty simple and unnoticeable to ATC.
On that great idea im done here

Last edited by de facto; 30th Sep 2013 at 15:05.