PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2013, 13:58
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh dear. Are you equating the murder (as accepted by the Prime Minister, and indeed UK law) of fourteen people, to a bunch of people who think drinking twelve Strongbow by noon and then indulging in "recreational" rioting is a good way to show disquiet over NI coming into line with the rest of the UK when it comes to flying flags? There goes a bit of respect I have had for you.

If such behaviours (on ALL sides) stopped, then the number of people visiting NI would go up, inward investment might increase, and all three airports would see real growth, rather than the cannibalisation of routes we've seen over the years.

As for the Met Office, it closed during my time at LHR, but believe it has reopened since. A good move in my mind, and in the minds of people who work there.

you don't really come across as the ATC type and I'm fairly sure I know all the Northern Irish ATCO's
How should an ATC type behave? Did I say I was Northern Irish? (plural of ATCO is ATCOs- you can have that one for free).

As an aside. Did you have a look back through my posts over the years? If so, did you discover how often I've criticised LDY's management? Have I espoused a position where LDY would be anything other than a regional airport?

Enjoy the heat. I'll keep an eye out for you on the Discovery Channel.