PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2013, 13:24
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They've stated that BBC is required at A-Level, or BBBB at Scottish Higher. Well BBC at A-Level is 280 UCAS points, whereas BBBB at Scottish Higher is only 260 UCAS points. They could drop the A-Level requirements to BCC, which would be worth 260 UCAS points, and hence make the requirements equivalent (as far as UCAS are concerned).

But they haven't done that, and I suspect the reason is because the Scottish Highers were a bit of an after thought. Furthermore, if my memory serves me correctly, the Scottish requirements went up from the previous year, so BBBB is actually after a revision upwards.

The above all seems to imply that their requirements are only loosely related to the UCAS standards. Therefore, I wouldn't take those standards as a given one way or the other. Unless you've definitely got the minimum grades they have quoted, the only way to be sure you'll be accepted on initial application is to contact NARIC and get a letter stating that the qualifications are equivalent. We can ponder here all day long, but there isn't enough information to derive a definite answer on the borderline cases. Unfortunately that's just how it is.

By the way Mayday, how's the training going?