PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using children's voices on safety briefs
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2013, 12:04
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
I saw the Thomson one myself a couple of years ago and thought it very good. I have just watched the Air Arabia and think it good for these reasons:
  1. It is made with humour.
  2. They show the children happy and this may reassure children on the flight.
  3. Children are far more likely (I think) to watch this than the adults doing 'the dance'.
  4. Children may well remember more of it than their parents and be better help if the information is needed.
  5. They use close up shots of the exits, emergency lighting etc. You do not get this in the plain 'live' version.
  6. The children point to the floor lighting and the actual place where the life vest is stored - brilliant.
  7. They show children from dozens of nations and I found that very inclusive.
  8. They show the children telling each other to switch off electronic devices and - although we know it is all a game - I think that carries far more weight than words from an adult standing 10 rows away.
  9. Finishing with the ramp staff holding the gear lock pennant was good - it may remind the pax of the many people involved. Also, the boy doing his moment for the film looked so happy!
The only point I did not hear was 'your nearest exit may be behind you' but I don't have time to listen to it again now. Also, they might have shown two crew on the flight deck.

I am a BIG fan of all attempts to bring this information to Pax e.g. the work done by ANZ. So well done to Air Arabia.