PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manually overriding autothrust
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2013, 07:48
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Altcrznav
Jammed stab's quote I have not seen yet but was explaining the implications in Airbus FBW.
As you are aware you cannot override/overpower AP in Airbus it will disengage. There are three ways you can disconnect the AP only one is recommended i.e. ID button, the other two are from FCU and forcing the side stick which are not normal ways. The only emergency situation I can foresee is when you quickly want to take over to change the flight path and the ID button doesn't work then may be you force the side stick. The FCB in question crappy or otherwise was Airbus recommended procedure. Here we are not discussing your company procedures. ATHR disconnect procedure is part of training syllabus while this procedure was not and few pilots obviously have messed up approaches may be by leaving THR LVR in MCT. So now Airbus recommends disconnecting ATHR and use manual thrust instead. If you mess this up you are responsible since you were taught how to. The procedure was useful if you needed quick thrust response.

Last edited by vilas; 30th Sep 2013 at 07:57.