PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - He stepped on the Rudder and redefined Va
Old 30th Sep 2013, 02:51
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Teldorserious
Rabbit by your own post you mentioned that your NTSB guys show you the real deal but offical findings are different, for reasons you can't fathom. It's called politics and economics.
That's not what I said. The official NTSB reports that I see are the same ones you see. I am acutely aware of the "politics" that happen in governmental agencies ... but the same kind of "issues" are every bit as prevalent in non-governmental organizations - from airlines to churches. Where ever there are policies and procedures, there's the makings of short-cuts, special deals, lack of publication isssues, and all the rest. The offical NTSB report is available to anyone who wants it. All the FDR traces, the CVR transcripts ... everything that is used by the board in its determinations go into their Official Report. It's been a while, but I imagine that the NTSB has a web site from which anyone is likely to be able to download a oopy of any report the board has published, including AA587. What I said was that I have seen information contained in the Official NTSB Report and when I read the text of the Boards findings - there are times that it seems that some of the contents of the report are not addressed in the findings. I've never been able to get anyone to explain how that may happen ... but I know that it does occur. Certainly you can get an understanding of a novel by reading the Cliff Notes version ... but its not the same as reading the book! IF you want to know what the NTSB had in their possession, what they had available to review to develop their determinations - I'd strongly suggest you get a copy of and read the official NTSB Accident/Incident Report.

Here is a link to the Summary of this accident. From this page you will be able to download a full copy of the report ... if you are interested.
Accident Investigations - NTSB - National Transportation Safety Board

Last edited by AirRabbit; 30th Sep 2013 at 03:06.