PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - He stepped on the Rudder and redefined Va
Old 29th Sep 2013, 19:54
Teldorserious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with everything Flare said.

You see some of us teach this stuff, some of us have been getting ratings, some of us have been getting types, some of have been going to school every year and some of us have had to teach and regurgitate the definition of Va now for some time.

It's absolutely full out of deception for peeps in here to say after the fact, after the crash, after the FAA redefines Va, to say ..

'Yeah, well, you know, when WE flew, we never thought that Va, full scale deflection and all that meant anything...because you know...we didn't trust the test pilots, or the manufacturers to give us a speed that we could trust to hit a top, come out upside down, do a recovery any which way...because you know...WE knew all along that three pedal imputs in an Airbus would take the tail off.'

Meanwhile, the rest of us are pounding on the rudders for single engine work, side slips, x winds, upsets, stall recoveries, sometimes bad spin recoveries...and yes in twins, tprops and jets, because you know, pilots should know this stuff..and believe it or not they do upsets, stalls, and recoveries in airlines...right? Or do all you guys just get a little beep and push the nose over and call it good.

Either flare and I are getting putt on by a bunch of kids in here or the airline guys are just following what they are told.

This year Va is x, next year y. This year CRM is great, next year crap.

Maybe because its on me to pull the levers back when things get bumpy I have to know this stuff.