PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2013, 15:15
JSFfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APA clowns Sweetman nonsense cant remmeber were i red it mate
signed JSFfan/Jackster/Jack412 (his mark)
LO, I read it on Avweek, NITRO104 asked about articles. Unfortunately it seems avweek has taken most of them down.

now as you may know, there is a rumour around that you are sweetman that I don't subscribe to. It would be too sad if sweetman deprived of writing his f-35 nonsenses on avweek, would come to the forums

re spaz's link.. sweetman likes to mix up urf apuc etc to give an apple orange, he bulled about the price of a f-22 to the f-35, but interestingly put the fa-18 at a similar price which is in contrast to his fa-18 is so much cheaper stories
If all goes perfectly according to plan, an F-35A delivered eleven years hence, at full rate, will have an APUC tag of $89 million. A Super Hornet today is $81 million, and it's a 50 percent larger airplane than an F-16.

What about the frugal, do-more-with-less Marines? At full rate, the F-35B costs $138 million in 2018, versus $117 million for the F-35C. That’s nearly 80 percent of the price of the last batch of F-22s – you remember, that extravagantly expensive toy for the white-scarf air force – but coming off a 110-per-year line. What would have been the F-22 price at 40 per year, rather than 20?

Last edited by JSFfan; 29th Sep 2013 at 16:09.