PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TRI core course and full TRI query
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2013, 11:02
Ken Westcott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRI core course and full TRI query

Hi all

I am currently an out of work UK commercial pilot the wrong side of 40. Total time over 1750 hours with more than 650 hours multi-crew. I converted my frozen ATPL to EASA earlier this year. I am rated on the A320 and C560XL. Due to personal circumstances I have not flown in 18 months. A320 is current as is my class 1 but XL rating lapsed April 2011. Only have a few hours ferry time on the A320.

I am looking at the possibility of doing an A320 TRI course but without much experience I appreciate it is going to be very tough. I am a former instructor with a lapsed FI(A). I understand that I may be exempt from the core course.

However, it has been 6 years since I instructed (FI rating lapsed 2009) so I have been out of the training mode for a while. Would a core course with emphasis on the A320 benefit me as a stepping stone to the type specific TRI?

Is it 1500 hours total time or 1500 hours MPA for entry onto a type specific TRI? If it's 1500 MPA I am properly stuffed!

On a separate note, I am now finding it almost impossible as a freelance pilot to renew my LPC for the C560XL.

Any pointers most grateful!