PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NS Safety improvements?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2013, 09:50
terminus mos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As to the question of the transport budget being x%, of course it is. They will have a budget set just like every other department, they aren't just told to spend what they want.
Of course, Ray Joe but transport is a lot more to a smaller oil company with low production than it is to a major, it depends on lifting cost, and location.

I am not suggesting you put your big boy pants on but I am suggesting that you concentrate on the issues that your industry on the NS is having not the ones they are not having but could have one day. If you want absolute safety, stay in bed.

There are lots of areas which have lots of helicopter operations in challenging conditions which are not having accidents. So, maybe its cultural and confined to the UK North Sea? That's why I think you should look inwards and stop suggesting its the fault of the customers who generally say OK when you don't want to fly.

None of the helicopter companies will do anything radically different from the others as they don't want to put themselves at a competitive disadvantage, which is why any change probably needs to be driven by the client.
That is between you and your employer. You are the operators who charge the customers, work as one unit not as pilots versus management another cultural issue?