PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 DC ESS BUS FAULT after takeoff, would you return?
Old 29th Sep 2013, 07:12
Natstrackalpha

Location: Not far from the edge of the Milky Way Galaxy in the Orion Arm.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Capt Silva and Cough DC Essential Failure

Well, back to the drawing board!!

No, I would not continue - not with all this stuff inop. I would be happy to get it back on the ground a.s.p.

Thank you also ECAM surprise.

Actually, who gives a ! Let us pick the bones out of this one.

Blast me, if you must - am, going for the big one!

Fly the aircraft, manual thrust and handling. Ap gone. and a/t too. Speed?

1/. don`t climb above 10,000 or 14,000 depending on which regs you are using. subject, some might say, to MSA - oooooh, bad.

Fly the aircraft.

Having got yourself a nice piece of airspace to hang around in try not to a get a fire or b pick up ice. Its a lodda fun! Needless to say, avoid high ground.

Fly the aircraft

Establish alt/level on baro when check and confirmed , wonder if we have rad alt . . ?

2/. just reading the QRH . . . .

Fly the aircraft - at least make sure somebody is.

Nice! No blue elec pump and no blue system, therefore do we have a RAT? Well, lets drop the RAT and maybe go for RAT MAN on.

Fly the aircaft.

Hyd Firel valves engine 1 +2 would be really interesting up here and may be funny down on the ground trying to shutdown the engines too.

Fly the aircraft - we got any nav? Maps?

fly the aircraft - find the suitable airport close by . . .

fly the aircraft - check for ice.

Acutally, panic over.

Happy so far. Vectors for a CATII light on remaining RMPs/ACPs may may not light up . . .

fly the aircraft, managed to rig up some form of comms. If not squwk 7600 or even 77 due to the urgency of me wanting to get in . . .

Hmm, might try dishing out blankets and sw off HOT Air Valve, don`t want Mr. Avionics to get too hot under the collar . . . If is winter - then might get a tad chilly for a bit

fly the aircraft. check for ice?

Might have a fun time trying to look at an SD page . . .

fly the aircraft - check for ice?

OK, get Nelly into the flightdeck and tell her we are going back due to a technical problem and to dish out blankets if it gets cold.

Figure out the landg dist from the QRH. Figure from WAT.

Happy, nice big fat juicy runway, long enough? - yea, excellent,

Fly the aircraft -

brief the approach or get thus briefed by those who flyeth not.

As this is not a dual hyd failure there is not real attitude discussion here - but as we have one reverser then assymetric reverser would not be the best policy - though not impossible, with the brakes debate-able we don`t want to be fighting an assymetric thrust reverser - p.s. if it rains, just use the wipers - . . . .may give auto brake a chance but if not prepare and brief for alternate braking subject to landin runway perf.

Prepared as always to deal with windsheer, ice and I think we`ll call to start the approach as briefed,

fly the aircraft. check for ice.

Not a really bad sit. We`ve got the other fac, we`ve got the secs, double check Cabin press, may have to manually selct A/D elev - lest we send the doors blasting through the terminal (only kidding)

Am happy this will be a pretty good landing. Looking for a long approach or a long final depnding on location and ground etc.

So, I`ll call vectors if not map or gwet somebody to navigate - fly the aircraft.

Approach land. Inform Ground, we may, may, be taxying in with engines running same for disembark - so no ground personnel on the ramp near the aircraft, until we have figured out how to shut down the engines . . .

There it is.

Get pax off while sorting out a shutdown.

Incoming?

Last edited by Natstrackalpha; 30th Sep 2013 at 12:18.