PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 29th Sep 2013, 02:19
Aerofoil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From someone who spent just over 2 years at FZ i can state that everything you have heard on this thread about life there is correct. Within 6 months of joining and flying the rosters i lost 24 lbs in weight and from someone who only weighed just over 150lbs in the first place this is not healthy. I had enough of the ill treatment and decided that it was worth more to me, my family and my health to pay my bond off (i joined with a rating and 2500 hours on type!) and leave. Not only was that a better option than staying but also i had no job to go to after FZ so was effectively putting myself out of work!

Fortunately i managed to get another job in the meantime with a company who respect and promote safe rosters and have enough experience to treat all of their staff well and with a great amount of respect. If one was to make a comparison it would be to show that Flydubai (the management) are the 'know it all' teenager joining an environment of airlines that have already made the mistakes and learnt from them and Flydubai bigwigs are still growing up and learning how things work the hard way at the detriment to the crews who are/were their biggest asset! But what do we know, this is/was our first ever airline job and we know no better....surely?!?!

I wish all the best to my ex-colleagues and as things improve back in the states, uk, europe and elsewhere i look forward to seeing that you are out of that nightmare and back with proper airlines again.