PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Major breach of security at LGW !!
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2003, 10:34
kaikohe76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Airport Security

Harpy,
Thanks again for your reply to my last post on this subject.
I understand once more and take the points you make, on board.
I would also agree with you in particular and then some with the points you make in para 1 of your message. However I still would contend that, eventhough the `LGW TWO`did expose a gaping hole in the airport security, the outcome could well have been more serious. Now I suppose more little Grannies will have even more nail files taken from their handbags at check in etc.
I also note the post from ASFKAP of 16th and again agree totally with what he says. The minute we start to excuse various personnel and sections from the security procedures for whatever reason, the effect of that security is greatly reduced. For a number of years at the end of my military flying career I was security checked and cleared to a level that enabled me to fly HM the Q. This was a great privilidge and also a lovely tour of duty, but the security was very high, thorough and sensible.
Sensible security, professionally administered at all levels is what is required throughout the aviation industry, I contend, unfortunately we are a long way from that point as yet