PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2013, 23:20
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How strickt are they about the flight times?
I am not sure how much PIC cross country i have, they require 100 PIC cross country, I have 140 h PIC and 170 h PICUS but do not know how much is cross country and how much is air work and traffic paterns
When you join you will fill out a form that lists your hours in the form of PIC/P2/Night/Cross Country etc and this form will be checked against your logbooks. The Japanese do not recognise PIC U/S and this time will only count as P2 (Copilot). Of your 140 hours PIC I would be pretty certain that less than 40 of those hours were spent bashing the circuit, therefore you've got more than 100 cross country PIC. Just make sure when you come to list the hours that you can show that less than 40 hours were spent in the circuit i.e. that the flight description does not show circuits as the purpose of the flight. For what it's worth, I believe > 7 nm from the circuit counts as cross country.

This requirement is not just some random number dreamt up by AJX. On completion of training you will be given a Japanese ATPL and, in common with most ICAO countries, 100 hours PIC cross country is a requirement before issue. If you don't have that you don't get an ATPL so, yes, they are 'strict' but only in the sense that if you're not qualified then it's a waste of time interviewing you because you're not going to get the licence at the end of it.