PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2013, 23:17
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tower, I saw your location- nice airport Dubai (though I couldn't take the heat (meteorologically speaking) when I worked there). Serco still fun to work for?

I've also worked at Heathrow (up to 1400 flights a day, and that's not during 24 hour ops) and Frankfurt over the years, as well as RAF Linton-on-Ouse and various others. Does that mean I'm better? Probably not.

I saw your location, and assumed it was an error and you must be back in Norn Iron. Either that or your love for the place must be strong. Still being exercised by LDY's existence from the Middle East- impressive! Also, you need to differentiate between a tirade and a bit of banter (and remember this:
This thread has been so quiet recently that I feel it's only right to spice it up.
- you got what you wanted!)

Tower and True, have a look back through my posts. I have frequently criticised LDY. The previous management was a particular target of my malcontent. Their incompetence was highlighted by the CAA's closure of the airport due to safety issues a few years back. The current management do seem to be trying, but in difficult economic circumstances. Unless they have a joker up their sleeves, then I agree, LDY is in trouble. I have also criticised those very optimistic types who keep thinking new routes are imminent.

What I do dislike is the ranting about tax-payers' money being wasted. After the policing costs of the summer just gone, which could have paid the running costs of LDY for several years, and the amount of money being planned to be spent on various sports stadiums, the (relatively) small outlay that LDY requires, in the context of sh?te roads to the NW, is entirely fair....for now.