PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF staff random drug testing
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2003, 03:24
smile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

At the risk of starting a debate I don't think that a small level of drug testing is such a bad idea!!!

Before you all start going off at me about privacy etc let me explain myself....

Drugs, by their nature, can alter the chemical make up of the human body (be it for a short or long amount of time). This in turn can cause a person to act erratically, become fatigued, or any other number of side effects. Alot of these side effects can inhibit the affected person both in their reactions and their ability to think clearly under stressful situations. Now as cabin crew we are trained to deal with safety and medical incidents—both being times of great stress. We all knew when we applied for this type of work that this was the case. Therefore we should all be prepared to accept that this comes with a certain lifestyle.

I would personally be more than happy to submit myself to both random breath testing and drug testing. Of course knowing that this was going to be company policy in advance is only fair.

I am more than happy to reassure my fellow crew members when I sign on that I am totally fit and healthy for my duty!!!