PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2013, 01:29
004wercras

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Return of The Matrix?

Sarcs, an interesting tale indeed! Why would it take CAsA more than 4 months to still not respond to a relatively simple question from Sen Fawcett in relation to an even more basic task of purchasing some I.T??
I think the Senator is having the pi#s taken out of him by these clowns who see fit not to show an ounce of accountability to anybody. But seeing that CAsA are taking so long to respond, perhaps Sen Fawcett can build upon his request and request additional information, evidence and answers to these points;

• Was this I.T system risk assessed prior to purchase and implementation?
• Has the system been reassessed post implementation to ensure it delivers the required outcomes and assurances it is meant to do?
• The CAsA Inspector who sold them the system, who is he and what is his relationship, background or history with the person(s) who signed off on the purchase?
• For the Inspector to sell this system for a tidy sum of $37k to CAsA, how was he paid? Does he have an ABN, a separately registered business? And if so, does this business he is involved in in any way provide services to industry, which could be construed as a conflict of interest considering he works for the Regulator? Has he declared his business to CAsA? After all they do make you sign paperwork in which you must declare business interests in areas that could raise the question of conflict of interests?
• It would be rumoured that the SkySentinel system has been raised before, even on PPRune, and CAsA immediately tried to have the comments removed. Why?
• If Fort Fumble were chasing a new I.T system of sorts, why wasn't a tender initiated? Or do you only have to tender up to a certain amount?

Of interest are Mr McComicks answers to the Senators questions in which he deflects to all and sundry such as explaining what Sentinel does, he dribbles on about its use etc etc, but he doesn't like to directly answer the good Senators question does he

It's funny, a Sentinel is a robotic device from the Matrix. A number of CAsA's people could be described as robotic.
But even better, a Sentinel is a small wooden steamboat associated with the Puget Sound Mosquito Fleet! Now I could be mistaken, but I believe the latest addition to Styx Houseboat enterprises is in fact a Sentinel......spooky.

Last edited by 004wercras; 27th Sep 2013 at 01:33.