PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VC10 Retirement
Thread: VC10 Retirement
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2013, 17:00
Lamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VC10 Vancouver

The gentleman earlier mentioned seeing / hearing a VC10 in Vancouver a couple of years ago (2011) IIRC.

It came in to Calgary with a fuel leak, at -30 it was way to cold to tinker with. Dispensation was given to take it to Vancouver (the warmest place in Canada at the time to conduct repairs). I arranged parking and handling with the GH for a maximum of 78 hours------------they had never heard of or had seen a VC10 but were delighted to accept us.

24 hours later sat in a Vancouver hotel room watching the news of the bombing of Libya and BZZ saying forget it we are busy turned in to about a 7 day stop.

A local enthusiast got in touch upon hearing of the visit and asked if he could photograph it, film it record the engine checks-----------this guy was a hardcore anorak but very pleasant.

If anybody is interested look up Henry Tenby as he has a historic aircraft production and publishing company. VC10 in YVR with noise, smoke and lift off to fill your cravings I am sure. He was one very excited enthusiast.

Enjoy, any dramas PM me and I will see if I have any further articles.