PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2013, 13:22
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Corporate bookings

I note that Ryanair has decided to accept Amex to facilitate bookings from the corporate market. Ryanair's average route length is about 1h45 and Europe generally has a well developed air and ground transport infrastructure. This means that for all but the smallest of airports, there is usually a half decent indirect alternative to flying Ryanair if such a reason exists. The generally accepted wisdom is that to attract those flying within Europe on business (and prepared to pay big corporate cash), one needs to provide a good frequency of flights to airports that are within fairly easy reach of commercial centres.

I accept that some routes are more likely to win corporate business than others by virtue of importance of different airports (e.g. Dublin versus Rodez), but the topic of route frequency still puzzles me. Is there a serious plan to raise frequency on routes which may have business appeal ?
Furthermore, is there a plan to make reservation systems more integrated with the rest of the corporate travel market, possibly extending to listing flights on GDS like Amadeus or will there be a reliance upon corporate travellers booking flights on their own Amex individually ?

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 26th Sep 2013 at 20:22.