PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scandal or not? CAA rejects AAIB criticism and safety recommendations!
Old 16th Mar 2003, 20:50
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Genghis - from Dennis Kenyon.

Thanks indeed for your notes and advice. Without an engineering background, I just figured that I'm more likely to eyeball a crack if the metal is there to be seen. But I appreciate that's simple pilot talk. I'll check elsewhere for the proper position. (not the CAA I'd now have to say)

But to ask a view. Sir - how do you personally see the CAA's position.

Am I missing something when I suggest they have been 'grossly negligent' How else can it be when a decision 'not to act - is followed by a further fatal. Paul Kenward failed to consult the proper documentation and was placed on a manslaughter charge. So why don't I have a similar charge levelled at the CAA.

I have said previously that I am trying to keep emotion out of this thread, but the bald truth of this situation remains.

Had the CAA acted in the early days my son would not have lost his life in a totally avoidable accident. In March 2000 I made this statement: "G-ZAPS was the eighth left hand clevis fatigue failure accident and if the CAA or FAA do not act there will be a ninth." I feel nothing but anger that my words turned to reality in November 2002.

I can only repeat, this is a totally unacceptable situation. Please can we hear from others who feel the same or please justify the reverse position.

Sincerely to all.

Dennis Kenyon.